Slovene Association for the Study of English (SDAŠ) invites you to the 4th International Conference, entitled:
M@king It New In English Studies
Geopolitical shifts, rapid advances in technology and fluid socio-cultural paradigms are only a few symptoms of our time. However, an old adage has it that the more things change, the more they stay the same. How much does this apply to English Studies? Has English language teaching changed radically in recent years? Are linguistic approaches from the past still valid? What makes a literary canon modern? How does scholarship in English Studies age? What are the implications of the quest for originality? How new is new?
The conference, which will address these and other related questions, will take place on 15-17 September 2016 at the University of Maribor, Slovenia.
We are honored to confirm the following plenary speakers:
- Professor Jonathan Culpeper (Lancaster University)
- Professor Roberta Maierhofer (University of Graz)
- Professor Marianne Nikolov (University of Pécs)
- Abstract submission due date: 10 May 2016 (extended to 25 May 2016)
- Notification of acceptance: 1 June 2016
- Early bird registration: 1 June – 15 July 2016
Additional information is available in the Call for Papers, while proposals can be submitted in the Abstracts section.